About

http://www.propellerads.com/?rfd=dRV

gallery

gallery
my pic

ANNONCE

http://www.propellerads.com/?rfd=dRV

lunes, 12 de junio de 2017

Veggie-Stuffed Fried Rice by Erica

Veggie-Stuffed Fried Rice by Erica

When I first heard of fried rice, I was quite skeptical. My mom had made too many eggs for breakfast, and decided to elevate them at supper by adding them into fried rice. Adding eggs to rice just sounded wrong to me. But then I tasted it and totally changed my mind. Somehow the combination was just fantastic.

After I gave birth to my little girl and my free time for cooking supper vanished, I started making fried rice on a regular basis. It was fast and filling and satisfying and nourishing—just what I needed for last-minute meals!

 
 

Today I’m sharing a recipe for fried rice that is loaded with veggies. 9 of them, to be exact: onions, mushrooms, carrots, peppers, peas, spinach, zucchini, garlic, and green onions (which I forgot to include in this photo…oops!). This is really a great way to get your kids (or your husband!) to eat a large variety of produce all in one meal. My toddler and 1-year-old both loved it!

 
 

This is also a one-pan meal, so it will cut down on the dishes. And I’m ALL about less dishes after a long day. How about you?

All you do is scramble the eggs and remove them from the pan, saute the veggies and remove, cook the chicken and remove, brown the rice, and add everything back in with a few sauce ingredients.

 
 

Then you’ve got yourself one delicious meal packed with nutrients. It’s way better (and MUCH healthier) than takeout, trust me.

 
 

Notes:

  • It’s important to use cold rice. Otherwise it will turn to mush in the pan. Leftover rice is perfect.
  • If you’re desperate for fried rice but don’t have any leftover rice, you can quickly get fresh rice cold by spreading it on a sheet pan and putting it in the refrigerator or freezer. Make sure you start cooking the rice an hour before you want to eat to give it time to cool off.
  • Don’t cook all of your veggies until they’re completely soft. Otherwise your fried rice will have one textural note: soft.
  • If you don’t have all of these veggies on hand, don’t sweat it! Use up whatever is languishing in your fridge.
  • You can also use whatever meat you have on hand: shrimp, salmon, bacon, steak, sausage…whatever you fancy!
  • I love to serve my fried rice with loads of butter and a bit of gochujang.
  • If you use wheat-free soy sauce, this is a gluten-free meal!

 
 

Give this healthier veggie-stuffed fried rice recipe a go, and make it your own! What veggies would YOU add?

 
 


http://ift.tt/2r9ZRwn

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario