About

http://www.propellerads.com/?rfd=dRV

gallery

gallery
my pic

ANNONCE

http://www.propellerads.com/?rfd=dRV

lunes, 21 de agosto de 2017

Giving Up Flour and Eating Fried Bread by Ree

Giving Up Flour and Eating Fried Bread by Ree

Happy Monday, friends! This was taken while we were filming our new season of Food Network shows. I had lots of fun, and guess what I did? The day we started filming, I gave up flour for an experimental period of time. Now, I have nothing against flour. Flour and me, we go way back. Flour and I are full-on buds. It’s just that I wanted my jeans to fit a little better, and seeing as how there was no way I was going to give up sugar or cheese, flour was the only other major thing on the list.

I’m still in my experimental flourless stage. I’ll let you know whether I survive or not.

 
 
The fact that I have gone on a flour sabbatical will be even more hilarious when I tell you that for the past week I have been in New Orleans shooting a Food Network special series, and while I can’t tell you what the series is about, I can tell you that flour plays a big role. Ha. Not to mention that I’m in New Orleans, and there beignets everywhere. And waffles! Marlboro Man came down to meet me on Saturday and I got to watch him eat this lovely masterpiece. (Shout out to Mother’s Restaurant – yummy breakfast, and they call everyone “baby” and “mama” which I absolutely loved.)

 
 
And after spending four hours at the World War II museum (which—wow—I would highly recommend) we stopped for lunch at a restaurant called Peche…and they brought us this fried bread. Yes, fried bread. Fried balls of dough. And yes, I tried a bite. Just like I’ve had to try bites of the flour-containing items every day I’ve filmed the Food Network show I’m here to film. But in my world, “trying bites” is the same as other people giving up flour completely. There was a time I would have popped all of these bread balls into my mouth without a second thought.

 
 
Mostly, I concentrated mostly on the other food in front of me. This was some kind of amazing shrimp with bacon and corn in a tomato broth, with a PEA CAKE. It was sort of a mash of different peas, formed into a patty, then breaded (oops, flour) and fried.

 
 
But these were my fave: marinated crab claws. I ate them all and would have eaten more if I were alone in a dark room and had an unlimited supply. Utterly delicious!

Anyway, I’ve had a great time in New Orleans. It was definitely a “trying something new” type of situation, as I’ve always been content filming my Food Network show and leaving the prime time competition shows to the professionals. But I was feeling adventurous, my cookbook is done, and I had a little time…so I thought “why not?”

I’ll keep you posted on when the show will air!

 
 
Speaking of “my cookbook is done…” I finally got my book trip all planned and I’ll post it tomorrow! I can’t believe it’s coming out in two months.

Also: I can’t believe it’s coming out in two months and I just finished it! Ha. Hey, at least you will be able to feel my frenetic energy when you open the pages.

 
 
Last but not least: Remember this girl?

 
 
She’s a senior this year! Her legs are longer, her will is stronger, but she’s every bit as sweet as she always was.

I love you, Paigie Girl.


http://ift.tt/2xkBdMm

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario