About

http://www.propellerads.com/?rfd=dRV

gallery

gallery
my pic

ANNONCE

http://www.propellerads.com/?rfd=dRV

jueves, 14 de septiembre de 2017

“Oooooh, Neato!” by The Pioneer Woman

Since I update you about the thoughts in my head, the food in my skillet, the kids in my life, and the dogs in my house (or is that the kids in my house and the dogs in my life?), I thought I’d give you another quick update about my building project in town!

 
Actually, it’s Marlboro Man’s building project in town. I have had almost zero to do with it aside from an occasional “Oooooh, neato!”

The helpfulness of my contributions can not be underestimated. Ha.

 
So these are the two buildings we have been working on, I mean Marlboro Man has been working on. Work is going on inside and outside, and the balcony/porch has been going up over the past couple of weeks!

 
Here’s a view out the window of the second floor! The structure outside will serve two purposes: First, it will be a balcony/porch for the folks on the second floor of the two buildings. Second, it will serve as protection for folks on the sidewalk below! (There’ll be a solid floor on the structure.)

I sure hope that made sense.

 
Marlboro Man and I saw a balcony/overhang like this in downtown Houston a few years ago—and of course, New Orleans has them everywhere. We both thought it would be a fun addition to downtown Pawhuska, then Marlboro Man took it from there. I like the style of it!

All I know is, I want to hang ferns from it. Not practical, but I’m rarely practical.

 
It’s fun to see Pawhuska from this angle. That’s the courthouse up there on the hill. There are actually steps that go from street level all the way up. I run them every day.

No. Not really.

 
The three story building is going to be an 8-room hotel with suites so comfortable and cozy, Marlboro and I are going to want to move into one.

We won’t, of course, but just think of the reduction in chores it would mean!!!!

 
I showed you this mural a couple of weeks ago. It’s in the common area of the hotel—and actually, I think I’m going to call it a boarding house because hotel doesn’t sound right.

 
We’re already starting to frame in the rooms, and Marlboro Man has already changed the bathrooms based on a hotel he and I stayed in recently. It had the coolest layout for the bathroom! We actually took pictures of it because it was so clever. We’d never seen it before.

We probably need to get out more.

 
This is the two-story building next door, upstairs. We have separate plans for this, which I’ll keep you posted on as it progresses.

I don’t think that sentence was grammatically correct. But I guess in a post entitled “Oooooh, Neato!”…anything goes.


0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario