About

http://www.propellerads.com/?rfd=dRV

gallery

gallery
my pic

ANNONCE

http://www.propellerads.com/?rfd=dRV

jueves, 5 de octubre de 2017

Omelettes 3 Ways by Erica

Omelettes 3 Ways by Erica

Is it just me, or do any of you get into a rut with breakfasts? There are very few foods that I consider to be: (a) healthy, (b) quick to make, and (c) delicious. So I tend to make, oh, about 2 breakfasts over and over again. Which is okay … if you’re a toddler.

Thank heaven for omelettes! They whip up in a flash, and you can easily switch up the flavors by using different filling ingredients.

Here are my 3 current favorite flavor combos for omelettes.

 
 
Omelettes 3 Ways

Denver Omelette

I almost hate to call this a classic, because I feel that the word classic is associated with being boring. I prefer to think that recipes get the title “classic” because they’re tried and true. You see Denver Omelettes on almost every diner menu.

There’s definitely a reason that it has achieved that time-honored status. The flavors go so well together. The ham is savory and sometimes a little sweet, the veggies lend some freshness and texture, and the melty cheese pulls it all together. It just works.

 
 
Omelettes 3 Ways

Here’s everything you’ll need: fried green and red bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms (I know mushrooms aren’t traditionally put in a Denver omelette, but I love them so much!), chopped ham, cheese (I used Colby), and 2 eggs.

 
 
Omelettes 3 Ways

A Denver omelette is made the same way that I described in my previous How to Make an Omelette post: Whisk 2 eggs with a bit of salt until smooth, pour into a hot, buttered pan, turn the heat down to low, and wait until the eggs are almost set.

Then sprinkle on the cheese, ham, and veggies. Fold the omelette in half, and continue to cook until the cheese is melted.

 
 
Omelettes 3 Ways

Serve immediately. Isn’t it pretty with all those colors?

 
 
Omelettes 3 Ways

This is perfect for a weekend breakfast, but you can also very easily make it a weekday affair by cooking the veggies ahead of time and pre-chopping the ham. Then all that’s left to do is whisk the eggs at the last minute, and cook it all up!

It seriously will only take you about 5–10 minutes.

 
 
Omelettes 3 WaysOmelettes 3 Ways

Mediterranean-Inspired Omelette

Up next, we have a flavorful little omelette inspired by Mediterranean cuisine.

 
 

Here are the ingredients that you’ll need: feta cheese, tomato (cherry tomatoes are also amazing), pesto, sun-dried tomato oil (this is optional but delicious), and eggs.

 
 
Omelettes 3 Ways

I like to cook this one a little differently than usual. Instead of building the omelette in the pan, I like to cook it like a crepe and then stuff it once it’s done cooking. I also like to use just 1 egg because this makes it easier to flip the omelette in the pan. I also use a smaller pan than usual.

Start by cooking the omelette like you normally would, but instead of filling it, flip it when the underside is done. Like I mentioned, think of it like cooking a crepe.

 
 
Omelettes 3 Ways

Remove to a plate and spread with the pesto.

 
 
Omelettes 3 Ways

Add the tomato and feta…

 
 
Omelettes 3 Ways

…And drizzle with a little of the oil that comes from a jar of sun-dried tomatoes. You can also chop up some sun-dried tomatoes to include in the omelette if you like.

 
 
Omelettes 3 Ways

Now fold the omelette in half. I like to make a couple of these mini omelettes. So cute!

 
 
Omelettes 3 Ways

I really like the sharp taste of feta mixed with the pesto and fresh tomatoes.

 
 
Omelettes 3 Ways

This one was actually inspired by a comment on my How to Make an Omelette post. Thank you all so much for your wonderful suggestions!

 
 
Omelettes 3 Ways

Tex-Mex Omelette

Not gonna lie, this one is my favorite out of the three. Because: guacamole + sour cream, duh!

 
 
Omelettes 3 Ways

Here are the ingredients that you’ll need: chorizo (I made my own cheater chorizo so I could control the ingredients), sour cream, guacamole, salsa, cheese (I used raw Jack-style cheese), and eggs.

 
 
Omelettes 3 Ways

Start by making an omelette like you normally would. Whisk 2 eggs with some salt and pour them into a hot, buttered pan. Turn the heat down to low and wait for the eggs to be almost set. Sprinkle on the cheese and add some salsa and Chorizo. Fold the omelette over and wait for the cheese to melt.

Top with sour cream and guacamole. Garnish with cilantro if desired.

 
 
Omelettes 3 Ways

This omelette is basically like a healthy breakfast taco!

 
 
Omelettes 3 Ways

I definitely consider this as more of a weekend omelette, but you could easily make it on weekdays by pre-cooking the chorizo and whipping up a big batch of guacamole (make sure to squeeze lime juice on top to keep your guacamole from browning).

Again, this could totally be ready in 5–10 minutes if you do a bit of prep work.

 
 
Omelettes 3 Ways

In summary:

 
Denver Omelette

  • fried onions, green and red bell peppers, and mushrooms
  • chopped ham
  • cheese

 
Mediterranean Omelette

  • pesto
  • feta cheese
  • chopped tomatoes
  • sundried tomato oil

 
Tex-Mex Omelette

  • chorizo
  • salsa
  • cheese
  • sour cream
  • guacamole
  • cilantro (optional)

 
Get creative and put your own spin on these omelettes! And if you have any more omelette filling ideas, make sure you share them with all of us so we can try them out!

 
 


http://ift.tt/2yJyf4I

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario