About

http://www.propellerads.com/?rfd=dRV

gallery

gallery
my pic

ANNONCE

http://www.propellerads.com/?rfd=dRV

jueves, 23 de noviembre de 2017

One-Pot Chicken Pesto Pasta by Erica

One-Pot Chicken Pesto Pasta by Erica

One-Pot Chicken Pesto Pasta

Chicken pesto pasta! Chicken pesto pasta! Chicken pesto pasta!

Sorry.

That’s what I chant when I make this recipe. It’s fun. You should try it. My toddler joins me. My husband probably thinks I’m crazy…

 
 
One-Pot Chicken Pesto Pasta

I feel like the champion of weeknight dinners is the one-pot dish. The thing I love most about one-pot meals is the easy cleanup. I don’t know about you, but doing dishes is about my least favorite kitchen job. After a long day (or after cooking a huge Thanksgiving feast), it’s awesome to have to wash up just one pot. ONE.

Side note: You could totally substitute turkey for the chicken. This would be an awesome way to use up that leftover Thanksgiving turkey!

 
 
One-Pot Chicken Pesto Pasta

To make this chicken pesto pasta, you start with only 10 ingredients (8 if you don’t count salt and pepper, and water). But I chose those ingredients because they pack some major flavor punch or lovely texture. Pesto is pretty intense, and it also acts as the sauce for the pasta. Sun-dried tomatoes are like little flavor packets: they’re sweet and savory and acidic all at the same time. The cherry tomatoes echo that flavor, but add some freshness as well. I decided to use boneless skinless chicken thighs because they’re pretty hard to overcook—some nights I need as little fussing over chicken as possible.

On with the cooking!

 
 
One-Pot Chicken Pesto Pasta

First you sauté your chicken in the pot (or throw in some of that leftover Thanksgiving turkey) and season it with salt, pepper, dried basil, and garlic.

 
 
One-Pot Chicken Pesto Pasta

Remove the chicken from the pan and pour in 4 cups of water.

 
 
One-Pot Chicken Pesto Pasta

After the water boils, add 1 teaspoon of salt and the pasta. Because we’re basically cooking the pasta using an absorption method, it’s important to stir it often so it cooks evenly.

 
 
One-Pot Chicken Pesto Pasta

Once the pasta is al dente (it will cook a little more since you don’t remove it from the pan), add the remaining ingredients and give it all a big ol’ stir.

By the way, I used my Homemade Basil Pesto for this recipe. It’s so good, and if you have any leftovers, you can use it for sandwiches, omelettes, on rice, etc.

 
 
One-Pot Chicken Pesto Pasta

Just look how green this pasta is!

 
 
One-Pot Chicken Pesto Pasta

I like to serve it with some freshly shredded Parmesan cheese, but it actually isn’t necessary since this dish is so flavorful on its own.

 
 
One-Pot Chicken Pesto Pasta

You can serve this cold as a pasta salad in a pinch. Perfect for on-the-go lunches!

 
 
One-Pot Chicken Pesto Pasta

What night of the week are you most ready for a one-pot cleanup? Tuesdays are super busy for us. How about you?

 
 


http://ift.tt/2iKayDD

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario