About

http://www.propellerads.com/?rfd=dRV

gallery

gallery
my pic

ANNONCE

http://www.propellerads.com/?rfd=dRV

lunes, 30 de abril de 2018

How to Make Chorizo by Meseidy

How to Make Chorizo by Meseidy

I grew up eating chorizo—hard-cured Spanish chorizo, that is. It wasn’t until I moved to Oklahoma that I was introduced to Mexican ground chorizo. We were having breakfast at a restaurant and were excited to see chorizo on the menu. We were expecting cured chorizo and got ground chorizo instead. Admittedly, we were initially disappointed. But then we tasted it, and the disappointment quickly turned into delight.

 
 
How to Make Chorizo

My fellow contributor Sommer breaks down the difference between Spanish and Mexican chorizo. Although Spanish chorizo will always hold a place in my heart, Mexican chorizo is my new love. And it’s easy to make at home!

 
 
How to Make Chorizo

Mexican chorizo is typically made with ground pork but you can also use ground beef or turkey. For this recipe, I opted for the traditional ground pork. If your grocer does not carry ground pork, you can ask the butcher to grind a boneless pork shoulder.

 
 
How to Make Chorizo

I got this recipe from a close Mexican girlfriend of mine. She made it very clear that making chorizo involves using dry whole chilies, not dry seasonings. Most grocery stores carry dry chilies in the produce area but if your grocer does not carry dry chilies, try a local Latin food grocer.

I love using the dry chilies because they give the chorizo a more robust chili flavor. Also, the dry chilies aren’t as spicy as fresh, so you get all the flavor and without the burn. If you want to pump up the spice level of your chorizo, you can add some cayenne pepper to taste. You can easily check the flavor and heat of the chorizo by cooking up a little test patty.

 
 
How to Make Chorizo

Chorizo is great for any meal, and will come in handy as Cinco de Mayo approaches! Enjoy chorizo over your scrambled eggs, in your favorite tacos, or mixed into some queso. OMG. Mixed into queso! Now I need a big bowl of queso and chorizo with tortilla chips.

 
 

https://ift.tt/2w0HnoY

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario