About

http://www.propellerads.com/?rfd=dRV

gallery

gallery
my pic

ANNONCE

http://www.propellerads.com/?rfd=dRV

jueves, 19 de julio de 2018

Summer Only Comes Once a Year by The Pioneer Woman

I wrote this on Instagram, but I’m going to share it here too. I decided the Monday before the Fourth of July (after accidentally wearing my grody wear-around-the-house flip flops to church the day before – a whole other story) that my feet were atrocious and I HAD to get a pedicure before our Fourth of July celebration so I could wear a cute pair of sandals. So I put on the aforementioned grody flip flops and headed to my hometown an hour away.

After I finished at the nail salon, my pretty red toenails and I drove through Starbucks to get coffee. As I was handing my $5 bill to the person at the drive-through, the Oklahoma wind caught it and the money blew away. No one was ahead or behind me in line, so I pulled up five feet so that I could open my door, then yelled “DON’T WORRY! I’LL GET IT!” as I barreled out of the car.

After running after and grabbing the wayward bill (success!!!), I tripped and scraped the top of my left foot on a shrub that was part of Starbucks’ landscaping, causing a four-inch gash (well, a bleeding scratch) where my pride used to be. Fortunately, you can’t see the wound under the straps of these shoes, but rest assured it will probably leave a faint scar, which will forever serve as a reminder that I shouldn’t waste time on pedicures and just let people see my feet for what they are.

Or that I should never leave the house again—one or the other.

 
 
This pickup at the Merc reminds me of my life. Dogs everywhere!

Just the way I like it.

 
 
This makes me want a baby so I can have onesies in my house again.

(Any comments mentioning the fact that I will be a grandmother someday will be promptly deleted.)

(Har.)

 
 
Here is a pic of Mauricio, Alex, and Paige. We ate at the Merc when they were all here for the Fourth, and it was nice for us all to be together.

 
 
In other news, B-Man is extremely tall and very old! Like, he might as well be in his eighties!

He wears it well, I think!

(I love you, B-Man.)

 
 
The night we had dinner at the Merc, we had a last minute cancellation at The Boarding House. Ladd and I thought it would be fun to stay the night and let Alex and Paige watch the boys at home.

 
 
You know when you check into a hotel room and you look around and everything’s fresh and new? (Well, except for the towel Ladd used when he first walked in.) That’s how it felt for me. The night was young! It was filled with such promise!

 
 
So we both kicked off our boots/shoes, I poured myself a glass of red wine, and we watched “The Quiet Place” on TV.

(So good!!)

 
 
There were even warm chocolate chip cookies by the bed!

Then guess what we did? We went home at 11:00 pm, after the movie was over. We are so cool!

On Opposite Day.

We missed the kids!

 
 
I’ve been filming more episodes of my cooking show here on the ranch over the past couple of weeks. Here are a couple of pizzas I made!

 
 
They’re pizzas we serve at P-Town, and I love them.

 
 
And let’s talk about these biscuits: Ham. Swiss. Honey mustard butter. Amazing.

 
 
Peanut butter protein bars for the boys! They aren’t the most photogenic, but oh…are they delicious.

 
 
These mini cheesecakes, on the other hand…delicious AND photogenic!

 
 
My crepe myrtles are going bonkers right now! I love them so.

 
 
And the ranch has been a busy place. This is the third week of cattle shipping, which means six days a week, we are up at 4:00 am. Sleep deprivation is rapidly setting in, and yesterday I called Ladd Herman by accident. When I first woke up this morning at four, I actually thought I was a giraffe. That’s how confusing things are starting to get.

Fortunately, summer only comes once a year…

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario