About

http://www.propellerads.com/?rfd=dRV

gallery

gallery
my pic

ANNONCE

http://www.propellerads.com/?rfd=dRV

lunes, 20 de agosto de 2018

Happy Times by The Pioneer Woman

Happy Times by The Pioneer Woman

Ladd and I got up at the crack of dawn and drove to see Paige Saturday morning. It was sorority bid day, and we wanted to be there for the fun and celebration.

 
 
She did not pledge the sorority that I was in when I was in college…nor did she pledge the sorority her sister is in! Ha. We Drummond women like to make up our own mind.

 
 
This is partially my fault, as I have always told my girls a) you can be in a sorority or you can not be in a sorority. It’s not a requirement, and you can have a great college experience without it (they didn’t listen to me; they both definitely wanted to participate), and b) it doesn’t matter to me which sorority you wind up in as long as you find the right place for you (they definitely listened to me).

 
 
I’m so glad Paige has some sweet new friends!

 
 
In other news, it had stormed the day before, and I was standing in the yard of the sorority house in platform cork wedge sandals. A curious shoe choice for such a day, considering the amount of walking that was required, but when have you ever known me to make smart shoe choices???

The platform cork wedge sandals probably need to be buried now. They are very dirty and desperate.

 
 
Of note: Saturday marked the first day Ladd has ever formed Greek symbols with his hands.

He’s growing.

 
 
Here’s a neat connection: This is Mary, the daughter of one of my oldest friends, Christy. Christy and I knew each other as children and have lots of memories together, but didn’t see each other much for years and years until we were all grown up and had families of our own. Christy lost her teenage son Tyler (Mary’s brother) in 2009 in a tragic accident, and in the ensuing years we’ve gotten to see each other more since we get together with our high school friends every couple of years for a mini reunion.

Anyway, Mary is a senior at the same university Paige is going to. Mary also a Hospitality Management major…and she had an internship this summer at The Boarding House! She was an amazing intern and we begged her not to return to college. Not really, but we considered it—that’s how great she was.

 
 
So independent of Christy and me, Paige got to know Mary this summer during her time in Pawhuska, and the fact that they are now in the same sorority is just a sweet little turn of events.

I texted a photo of them to Christy, and I think she and I both cried a little.

Or a lot.

Life is funny.

 
 
Ladd and I enjoyed the six hour round trip drive (we get a lot of our good talking done on car trips) and when we got back I made him oatmeal cookies because I love him.

I ate one, too…but still. They were really for him.

And okay, I ate two.

https://ift.tt/2LbDM9T

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario