About

http://www.propellerads.com/?rfd=dRV

gallery

gallery
my pic

ANNONCE

http://www.propellerads.com/?rfd=dRV

miércoles, 18 de enero de 2017

Kitchen Tool Love: Cookie Scoops by Bridget

Kitchen Tool Love: Cookie Scoops

I grew up calling these ice cream scoops, or more specifically, “dishers.” These scoops are the ones with a metal blade inside that sweeps the inside of the scoop when the handle is squeezed.

 
 
Kitchen Tool Love: Cookie Scoops

Several years ago, I bought my first one to use as a cookie scoop, and I’ve never looked back. At first, I resisted. A cookie scoop seemed fussy. I’d grown up scooping out cookie dough with a regular spoon from the utensil drawer. (Not just one spoon, but normally every spoon in the drawer. I have trouble resisting the lure of cookie dough.)

 
 
Kitchen Tool Love: Cookie Scoops

Now, I have three cookie scoops: a 2-teaspoon, 2-tablespoon, and 1/4 cup. Scoops can also be identified by a number. For example, the one in the picture above is a #16.

A scoop’s number typically refers to the amount of level scoops it would take to make a quart. So, using the #16 scoop, we’d scoop 16 times to make a quart. A #24 scoop is 1/24th of a quart, and it would take 24 scoops to make a quart. Generally, the larger the number is, the smaller the scoop. These measures can vary a bit by manufacturer, so don’t count on them for precise measuring. It’s best to go by the stated volume when purchasing.

 
 
Kitchen Tool Love: Cookie Scoops

Let’s talk about some cookie scoop uses! Obviously, you can use one to scoop ice cream.

 
 
muffin-scoop

I also love using the scoops for portioning muffin and cupcake batter. A 1/4 cup scoop works well here.

 
 
Kitchen Tool Love: Cookie Scoops

Look at those evenly-domed muffins! It doesn’t take much to make me happy, people.

 
 
Kitchen Tool Love: Cookie Scoops

Cookies. If you want cookies that bake evenly and are the same size, you need a cookie scoop or two in your kitchen.

Scooping out the perfectly portioned mounds of dough is fun. Really, it is!

 
 
Kitchen Tool Love: Cookie Scoops

Before I used scoops, I’d pull a tray of cookies from the oven only to find that some were done and some were still raw in the center. That’s because each cookie varied in size.

Just because you’re using a cookie scoop doesn’t mean the cookies have to stay in the little ball shape like these. Scoop the dough, then press with a juice glass or your fingers. You’ll still have cookies that will bake up all at the same time.

Another bonus: I think I might eat less of the dough this way. I can’t just stick the scoop in my mouth the same way I could a spoon. The Cookie Scoop Diet, you heard it here first!

 
 
Kitchen Tool Love: Cookie Scoops

You’re going to need a cookie recipe to break in your new scoops. This recipe for Lemon Almond Wedding Cookies uses a 2-teaspoon scoop.

 
 
Kitchen Tool Love: Cookie Scoops

As soon as they come out of the oven, you’ll toss them in some powdered sugar. Once cooled, you’ll toss them in the sugar again.

 
 
Kitchen Tool Love: Cookie Scoops

They’re delightful little bites of lemony, almond-y, buttery goodness.

 
 


0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario