About

http://www.propellerads.com/?rfd=dRV

gallery

gallery
my pic

ANNONCE

http://www.propellerads.com/?rfd=dRV

martes, 24 de enero de 2017

Life is a Funny Thing by Ree

Life is a Funny Thing by Ree

img_0652I left this in a comment on my original post last week, but I wanted to start this post by saying thank you for all your kind words. Various members of my family were able to read your comments, my brother included, and they brought so much comfort.

Thank you so much, friends.

 
img_4924Life is such a funny thing. When I got back from Dallas following my nephew’s funeral, I had a stack of sympathy cards for Charlie, which had been sent to me the previous week. As I opened them, I cried—not just because of the outpouring of kindness and the sadness I felt over Charlie, but because of the tornado of events of the previous nine days.

Yes, I cried. And this could have been very awkward, because I was in our office in town and I was worried our Merc employees might see me and make a beeline for the next county. Who wants to see a 48-year-old woman crying over a stack of greeting cards? It’s not on my personal bucket list, that’s for sure.

I remember when I first posted about Charlie, I said that I felt funny writing too much about the loss of a pet when there are so many human losses and sadnesses in the world.

 
img_0331So as I read through the beautiful cards people had sent me about Charlie, I applied all of their comfort and kindness to the loss we are feeling over my nephew as well.

Again: Life is a funny thing.

 
img_0510I’m going to post about some happy things. I came across this photo of Marlboro Man last week. It’s very old, and I love it because he still naps like this, which is to say he will nap anywhere, on any surface, at any time, in front of everyone, and he can fall asleep in seconds.

Still, to this day, no matter how tired I am, I can’t:

* Nap in front of others
* Fall asleep on a hard surface
* Fall asleep in seconds

I guess you have to be born on a ranch to possess those qualities?

 
img_0162Things at The Merc have been going great! We quieted down a little bit after the first of the year, which gave us a chance to get caught up, catch our breath, and get stocked up on some things we were low on.

 
img_0515We use Homer Laughlin dinnerware in the restaurant, and folks loved it so much that we started selling new pieces of it over in the store. It reminds me of the old days, which basically describes anything I love in life.

 
img_0024Do you remember last spring when I shared with you that the first products I decided to feature at The Merc were finger puppets? Well, a beast has been unleashed and my love for finger puppets is stronger than ever. They are taking over everything and I love them. Hyacinth still makes fun of me, but that’s because I mix Abraham Lincoln with Andy Warhol and Elvis.

But I have to be me.

 
img_0651Here are the croissants from the bakery, which are made from scratch every day. They are evil and they must be destroyed.

 
img_0623Here’s the Marlboro Man Sandwich in restaurant form.

I think it’s better than the ones I make at home, but I always think food is better when someone else makes it for me!

 
img_0639We are making food party packs for the Super Bowl, so folks can pick them up the day before the big game.

Yes, I think about food 24/7. I’m not sure you knew this about me.

Actually, I’m quite certain you knew this about me.

Okay. I’m going to close with something important.

 
img_0164Todd got this Captain America shield for Christmas, and he wanted me to show it to you because he thinks it’s the coolest thing on earth.

So here you go. I’m showing you.

(I love that kid.)

xoxo,
Pioneer Woman


http://ift.tt/2jmyUUz

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario