About

http://www.propellerads.com/?rfd=dRV

gallery

gallery
my pic

ANNONCE

http://www.propellerads.com/?rfd=dRV

viernes, 27 de enero de 2017

Things Marlboro Man and I Have Talked About This Week by Ree

Things Marlboro Man and I Have Talked About This Week by Ree

memmI thought I’d jot down some of the random things my beloved and I have discussed this week.

 
1. My Dreams.

Marlboro Man is such a lucky man. The first thing his wife says to him when he wakes up in the morning is “Oh my gosh. You’ve got to hear about this dream I had…” Because everyone knows that a busy cowboy can’t start his day of feeding cattle in the wintertime until he takes the time to sit and listen to the wacky dreams his wife had the night before.

(But really…you’ve got to hear about this dream I had. I need an analyst.)

 
2. David.

As in the Bible. I can’t remember why it came up, but somehow we started talking about how much David loved Bathsheba, and what I mostly got out of it was how much more my husband knows about the Bible than I do. Here’s what I know about the Bible: Psalms. And also the Gospels. I have Matthew memorized. And I pretty much know Genesis pretty well. But that’s it! I don’t know all the people, I don’t know all the descendants, I don’t know all the stories. And I stay COMPLETELY CLEAR of Revelation. (What does that say about me? Ha.)

Marlboro Man knows it all, because his mama used to tell him about it and he listened.

 
3. University of Arizona.

First, let me remind you that Marlboro Man attended Arizona State University. As such, he hates his rival (U of A) with a passion. So when my nephew Stuart, my brother’s younger son, found out recently that he was accepted to University of Arizona, he texted me the news, and here’s how the conversation went:

Me: OH…EM…GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! But I’m scared to tell Uncle Ladd. I’ll let you tell him. And tell me when that is going to happen so I can leave the room.

Stuart: Thank you! I’m so excited. Maybe we’ll just not tell him!

Me: So awesome, Stu! I’m with you, maybe we’ll just not tell him.

Stuart: I’ll tell him when the time is right.

So of course, Stuart told his uncle that evening. And this is when I fell in love with Marlboro Man all over again: He congratulated Stu and told him he thought it was awesome. And even though I could see the smoke coming out of his ears and eye sockets, he totally concealed it so Stuart couldn’t see.

(You think I should order Marlboro Man a “WILDCAT UNCLE” t-shirt to celebrate?)

(Okay. I think I’ll wait on that for now.)

 
4. My Favorite Actors.

So this started out as a discussion last week about my favorite actors. I was watching “For Love of the Game” for the 800th time and I declared that Kevin Costner is definitely in my top ten favorite actors of all time. To me, even his bad movies are good movies because he’s just that great. And basically, I would have married Kevin Costner if I hadn’t met Marlboro Man. This is assuming of course that Kevin Costner and I had ever met, and that he would have chosen to marry me. Which of course I’m sure he would have.

But this initial discussion about favorite actors was really just about sheer acting ability—at least as far as Marlboro Man was concerned. But in my mind, while watching Kevin Costner and Kelly Preston kiss in the airport (which, by the way, is the best movie kiss of all time), I was thinking “I want to marry him.”

So in my mind, the list was “My Top Ten Favorite Actors that I Would Marry if I Hadn’t Met Marlboro Man” while in Marlboro Man’s mind, it was “Ree’s Top Ten Favorite Actors Because of Their Command of the Craft of Acting.”

So last night we were watching a movie with Denzel Washington and I casually mentioned, “Oh—Denzel is most definitely on my list of actors I would marry if I hadn’t met you.”

Marlboro Man was like, “Um, I’ve never heard of that list before.”

And I said, “The one we talked about last week!”

And he said, “The one we talked about last week was your favorite actors. Now it’s about the ones you want to marry.”

And I said, “Oh.”

Then I got the giggles and had a laughing/crying fit that THE TRUTH had slipped out so effortlessly, and I reminded him how lucky he is to have a wife that isn’t good at concealing anything.

I did get a very soft chuckle before fell asleep, so I think all is good.

Love,
P-Widdy


http://ift.tt/2kun7lF

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario