About

http://www.propellerads.com/?rfd=dRV

gallery

gallery
my pic

ANNONCE

http://www.propellerads.com/?rfd=dRV

lunes, 6 de noviembre de 2017

Good Morning from the Baby Sealephant by The Pioneer Woman

We went to the Bedlam game Saturday! Bedlam is the name of the rival game between University of Oklahoma and Oklahoma State, and Marlboro Man, the kids, and I try to go whenever we can get tickets.

 
We cheer for OSU, of course, not because we went to school there, but because our parents all did and we therefore bleed orange.

 
Did you watch the Bedlam game on TV? It was some dang good football: Back and forth the entire game, lots of highs and lows, and in the end…well, the Cowboys lost. It was one of those games where my hands would be raised in the air one second, clapping and cheering…then folded over my head or covering my face the next. And the sounds that came out of my mouth during the game—I’m not sure my vocal cords have ever made those sounds before. They were the sounds of a baby seal whose father was an elephant. Poor Marlboro Man. The seats were so close together, he got to hear the baby sealephant the whole game. I think I probably beat on his shoulders the whole game, too, both in excitement and frustration.

He might reconsider the next Bedlam game.

 
Friday night, before the Bedlam game on Saturday, Bryce had his final high school football game of the season. Because our team is a little light, he got to play as a freshman, so even though it wasn’t a winning season, he had a ball. Pun intended.

And dang. Friday Night Lights! It doesn’t get any better than that.

 
Here are a few peeks at some measuring cups we have at The Merc!

 
Yum.

 
YUM!

 
Yummy.

 
Delicious.

 
I’m a sucker for ceramics.

 
You probably already knew that.

 
But what I’m really a sucker for is my Christmas collection at Walmart. It’s just now hitting stores, and I’m completely in love with it!

 
The dinnerware is glorious!

 
So pretty, so happy.

 
And speaking of Christmas: I have one more fun thing to tell you! Tonight on Food Network, I’ll be appearing as a judge on Christmas Cookie Challenge. I usually don’t do judging gigs like this because first, I don’t have a whole lot of time, and second, I don’t like picking favorites. Just ask my kids. They always used to try to get me to tell them which drawing was the best, but instead I always came up with four different categories and told each of them they were best in the different categories. It drove (and still drives) them crazy, but I have to be me.

Anyway, the Christmas Cookie Challenge is a 7-episode series starting tonight, and I think you’ll get a kick out of it! I’ll post about a few behind-the-scenes things as the series goes on, but just know that I had to taste approximately four million cookies during the course of the competition, and I wasn’t upset about it.

Oh, and you’ll have to be sure to tune in and watch me drink egg nog out of a cookie shot glass. There was a little breach in the cookie, and all the egg nog poured out the breach and onto my shirt. Except I didn’t really realize this until I finished tipping the cookie shot glass backward. I guess I should have known something was wrong when none of the egg nog wound up in my mouth, but I was tired that day and it didn’t register immediately.

Pretend you don’t know me when you see that scene. Ha.


0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario