About

http://www.propellerads.com/?rfd=dRV

gallery

gallery
my pic

ANNONCE

http://www.propellerads.com/?rfd=dRV

martes, 14 de noviembre de 2017

This Isn’t a Post About Marlboro Man and Me by The Pioneer Woman

This Isn’t a Post About Marlboro Man and Me by The Pioneer Woman

This isn’t a post about Marlboro Man and me, but since this photo of us makes me smile, and because I’m on a two-day trip and miss the fella, I decided to make it the featured image of this post.

I’m on a quick cookbook trip. I structured my cookbook tour in such a way as to only be gone one or two days a week during the tour, for the following reasons:

* I have teenagers
* I have a husband
* I have dogs
* I have an attachment to my house
* I have cow manure in my yard (not relevant to this discussion, but just thought I’d mention)
* I have teenagers
* I have a husband
* I have dogs
* and so on

I have really enjoyed my cookbook signings! It is so much fun to meet such wonderful folks in different areas of the country. It’s been nice to have a balance between being out in the world and being home. Makes me feel like maybe I can do this thing!

And let me tell you a little bit about Marlboro Man for a sec.

He works cattle.
He takes the boys to their practices.
He drives me places if he thinks it will help me.
He helps me before I know I need help.
He definitely helps me before I even ask.
How does he do that?

After 20-plus years of marriage, I have seen (lately more than ever) that Marlboro Man’s love language is most definitely Acts of Service. Do you know about the five love languages? I haven’t read the book, but I know what the five languages are just from hearing about them here and there. And I know that helping, assisting, anticipating need—aka, Acts of Service—that’s how Marlboro Man shows his love to me.

Well, he smooches me sometimes, too.

If my children read that, they would die.

But gosh, is that guy a helper. Which is particularly notable given how busy he is with running the ranch. He would do anything I asked him to do. Well, within reason; he wouldn’t drink wine or eat an anchovy, for example. But again…most of the time I don’t even have to ask. Maybe when a couple has been together 20-plus years, their souls are just connected in a mystical sense. Or maybe if I’m getting ready to enter a danger zone of being too busy or pooped or whatever other danger zone I might get into, I emit some kind of alarm pheromone that he is programmed to pick up on since we’ve been together so long and our biology is linked.

If my children read that, they would die.

As you can see, I like to try to figure out the primal reason for things. I also try to figure out the spiritual reason for things. I also try to figure out the I also like to think about his Wranglers…

(Can you tell I miss him?)

I just reread the first paragraph above. It sure is a good thing this isn’t a post about Marlboro Man and me! Ha.

Lotsa Love,
P-Dub


http://ift.tt/2ADUVUT

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario