About

http://www.propellerads.com/?rfd=dRV

gallery

gallery
my pic

ANNONCE

http://www.propellerads.com/?rfd=dRV

jueves, 15 de febrero de 2018

Meyer Lemon, Ginger, and Turmeric Cake by Bridget

Meyer Lemon, Ginger, and Turmeric Cake by Bridget

Please do not run screaming from this post. I know turmeric cake may sounds strange. No, this cake does not taste of curry. It’s bright, it’s zingy, it’s moist, it’s so good.

 
 
Meyer Lemon, Ginger, and Turmeric Cake

I make a lot of bundt cakes, and this zoomed right up in my top 5.

 
 
Meyer Lemon, Ginger, and Turmeric Cake

Also, can you believe that sunny yellow color? All without one drop of food coloring.

 
 
Meyer Lemon, Ginger, and Turmeric Cake

Let’s start with the obvious question: Why would someone make a cake with turmeric? Have you all been reading more and more about “functional ingredients” like I have? Roots and herbs and spices, all thought to have health benefits like fighting inflammation, aiding digestion, and boosting energy. The more I read about them, the more I want them in my life and in my tummy.

I’ve been adding in turmeric here and there. I buy a salad dressing made with it. I love it in juice. I add it to spices when making chili and rubs, etc. Why not add it to a cake?

 
 
Meyer Lemon, Ginger, and Turmeric Cake

To go with the turmeric, the cake also has Meyer lemon and crystallized ginger. Meyer lemons are gorgeous, not as tart as a typical lemon, but not was sweet as an orange. They smell heavenly and have a thin skin, so they’re easy to juice. I’m finding them available more and more, but look for them especially in November through May. I also had a tree in my yard and then killed it. The black thumb strikes again!

Note: Oranges or lemons (or a combination) may be substituted in the cake.

Ginger is also one of those functional ingredients I’m trying to eat more often. This, though, is crystallized (candied) ginger, so I’m not sure just how much it counts. It tastes divine and that’s what matters—zippy, a little spicy, and sweet.

 
 
Meyer Lemon, Ginger, and Turmeric Cake

First things first, grease that pan. Every square millimeter of it. I can’t stress this enough. This Bundt pan has lots of crevasses, so I use a pastry brush.

 
 
Meyer Lemon, Ginger, and Turmeric Cake

Start by whisking the dry ingredients. It’s funny how you can barely see a change in color, even with the turmeric. Just wait.

 
 
Meyer Lemon, Ginger, and Turmeric Cake

Once the batter is whipped up, look at that gorgeous color! Wow.

 
 
Meyer Lemon, Ginger, and Turmeric Cake

Fold in the chopped crystallized ginger.

 
 
Meyer Lemon, Ginger, and Turmeric Cake

When the cake is baked, it comes out of the oven still bright and gorgeous.

 
 
Meyer Lemon, Ginger, and Turmeric Cake

Let it cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then place the wire rack on the exposed part of the cake. Flip over and give the cake a minute to release. The pan should lift right off after that meticulous greasing.

 
 
Meyer Lemon, Ginger, and Turmeric Cake

Make a glaze with more Meyer lemon juice, powdered sugar, and a bit of turmeric for color.

 
 
Meyer Lemon, Ginger, and Turmeric Cake

Pour the glaze over the cake with a rimmed cookie sheet to catch the excess. We say it’s for easy clean up, but we all know it’s so we can eat it with a spoon. Just me?

 
 
Meyer Lemon, Ginger, and Turmeric Cake

Are there any good-for-you ingredients you’re trying to incorporate into your diet? Can we make a cake using them? Let’s try!

 
 

http://ift.tt/2C0aMSd

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario