About

http://www.propellerads.com/?rfd=dRV

gallery

gallery
my pic

ANNONCE

http://www.propellerads.com/?rfd=dRV

lunes, 12 de marzo de 2018

Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup by Erica

Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup by Erica

The idea for this soup popped into my head one day.

“What if I combined chicken cordon bleu and soup?” I asked myself. The more I thought about it, the better it sounded. So I whipped up a batch, choosing the ingredient amounts off the top of my head. It was nearly perfect on the first attempt.

 
 

Only days after I made the soup for supper, Reuben wondered when I was going to make “that good soup” again. This is kind of a big deal. Reuben doesn’t ask for the same meal twice in quick succession very often.

 
 

This Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup has a creamy base tinged with the flavor of rustic mustard. It also has chicken, ham, Swiss cheese, chicken broth, milk, flour, onion, parsley, and butter.

Note: I used regular Swiss cheese the first time I made this soup, and it had a more distinct flavor than the baby Swiss I used. So if you like a stronger Swiss cheese flavor, use regular!

 

To make this soup, start by dicing up half an onion and cooking it in some butter until soft. Next, sprinkle in some flour and cook for 2 minutes. Whisk in the milk, cream, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute. Then add the chicken…

 
 

…ham, parsley, mustard, and cheese. Stir until the cheese in completely melted. Taste and add salt and pepper.

 
 

Mmhmm. Almost ready to eat!

 
 

I like to serve this soup with croutons to imitate the bread crumbs that usually go on the outside of actual Chicken Cordon Bleu. I have a post on How To Make Croutons Over the Stove on my blog if you’re interested. Or you could serve this with breadcrumbs sautéed in butter, toast, biscuits, etc.

 
 

Also, don’t feel bad about using leftover chicken in this recipe. In fact, rotisserie chicken would be wonderful!

 
 

You’ll probably want to make a double batch of this so you can have it for lunch as well as supper.

 
 

http://ift.tt/2GjyDf8

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario