About

http://www.propellerads.com/?rfd=dRV

gallery

gallery
my pic

ANNONCE

http://www.propellerads.com/?rfd=dRV

lunes, 27 de agosto de 2018

Caramel Macchiato Cupcakes by Julie

Caramel Macchiato Cupcakes by Julie

Are cupcakes still popular? Because they’re still wildly popular with me—chocolate, vanilla, I’ll take them all. I love, love folding back that cupcake liner paper and digging in. Of course, each bite has to have some frosting. I even know some people like to have more frosting than cake so they really pile it on.

 
 

These Caramel Macchiato Cupcakes are inspired by a coffee drink from a popular coffee shop. Only the cupcakes are chocolate—the buttercream is an espresso buttercream that is downright addictive.

And you know I had to drizzle caramel on top!

 
 

When I embarked on my mission to make espresso buttercream, I first tried making it with coffee. But there wasn’t enough coffee flavor in the buttercream.

Then I discovered coffee extract—and it’s a beautiful thing! I brought these cupcakes over to the vet tech for my dog Charley (he gets laser therapy at least twice a week) and she keeps asking me for the recipe for this buttercream.

 
 

It’s totally your call whether to make the buttercream frosting while the cupcakes are in the oven or to make them ahead before you begin the cupcakes. I actually like to make the buttercream the day before. It feels like a lot less work that way!

I like to use both unsalted and salted butter for my buttercream. I took cake decorating classes years ago and that was how my teacher taught me to make buttercream. It’s the best!

 
 

Mix the butter together and then the coffee extract.

See how smooth it looks?

 
 

You want to be careful adding the powdered sugar. Do it in 2 to 3 batches. Add a third of the bag and then mix. Then add some more. If you add the entire bag in at once, you will have a mess. I won’t tell you how I know. Ha!

 
 

I love making homemade buttercream. It’s really a lot easier than you think!

 
 

For the cupcakes, first line all your cupcake tin with cupcake liners.

 
 

Put all of the ingredients for the cupcakes into a large mixing bowl. I use an electric mixer to mix the ingredients together. Don’t over-mix it though!

 
 

I use a cookie scoop to portion out the cake batter.

 
 

Makes it so simple!

 
 

See how easy and less messy that is?

 
 

I also know that each cupcake will be about the same size.

 
 

After the cupcakes have baked, transfer them onto a cooling rack. After they have cooled, you can frost them.

I put a sheet of parchment paper down under the cupcakes so I have less cleanup.

 
 

Take your favorite tip and put it into a decorator bag. (In case you need a reminder, I showed you how to frost cupcakes a while back.)

 
 

I transfer the frosting with an angled spatula.

 
 

As always, you have other options: you can use a piping bag and tip to frost them or use a simpler technique (e.g. scooping or slathering on) if preferred.

 
 

Then drizzle some caramel on top! I showed you how to make caramel sauce here on Food & Friends, or you can use store-bought caramel.

 
 

These cupcakes are amazing. My friends raved about them and I know your family and friends will, too!

 
 

https://ift.tt/2Lvf0l5

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario