About

http://www.propellerads.com/?rfd=dRV

gallery

gallery
my pic

ANNONCE

http://www.propellerads.com/?rfd=dRV

lunes, 27 de agosto de 2018

The Three Musketeers by The Pioneer Woman

I haven’t given you an update about Presley in awhile! The sweet fella is doing great. He had been suffering from the effects of an autoimmune issue (one that can often affect German Shepherds), but he turned a corner and is doing so much better.

Yay, Presley!

 
 
Have you ever had a German Shepherd? Wow. They are such a different breed than the floppy, lazy, laid back dogs I’ve always owned. But oh…do I love this pup.

 
 
Unlike the other dogs, whose daily schedules involve anything from chasing rabbits to finding the sunniest napping spot, to barking at the cat, to exploring the ranch, Presley has one and only one daily goal: To stand post on the porch and make sure that his humans are taken care of.

Note that this is not why we got Presley. We did not have “guard dog” in mind. And we did not train him to be a guard dog, as some German Shepherd owners do. And I should point out that Presley is not a guard dog in the sense that he is threatening or menacing. It’s just that he is 100% focused on his people at all times. When I take walks down the road, the labs and Bassets typically run out in the pasture to chase rabbits or butterflies, or go jump in the pond for a swim and catch up with me later. But not Presley. He is by my side the entire time, just in case I ever need him.

It really causes a crazy special bond to form. That love and devotion runs deep in both directions!

 
 
And then there’s Henry.

 
 
I rarely call him Henry. I call him Schlumpers most of the time, and Henrietta another part of the time.

Ladd calls him Henry of course, but he slipped the other day and called him Schlumpers and I laughed and laughed.

 
 
Henry has the head tilt mastered.

 
 
It is quite pronounced!

 
 
And then there’s Walter, who’s just happy to be here. (Caught you Henry!) Henry likes to lick Walter’s face. Walter doesn’t seem to mind.

I just wanted to share the charm of these three musketeers. They are usually around the house (unless Walter is overseeing Lodge tours) while the labs, YoYo, and the rest of Josh’s dogs have unpredictable schedules and loyalties.

It’s nice to have this little trio around whenever I need a laugh or a smile. (Or a lick. Ha.)

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario