About

http://www.propellerads.com/?rfd=dRV

gallery

gallery
my pic

ANNONCE

http://www.propellerads.com/?rfd=dRV

lunes, 28 de enero de 2019

As I Was Flipping Through My Phone by The Pioneer Woman

As I Was Flipping Through My Phone by The Pioneer Woman

I was flipping through the photo stream on my phone in search of a photo that I would never find, and along the way I came across photos from the past month that I don’t think I’ve shared with you. Or, if I have shared them with you, I can’t remember that I have shared them with you. The first one was this photo of the Merc sign. It makes me happy, because The Merc makes me happy. We’re in a slower time of year, before Presidents’ Day and Spring Break is upon us, and it has given us a chance to catch our breath, get everything gussied up, and enjoy!

 
 
Speaking of enjoy, I love it when the geese pass through and park in our pond.

 
 
They’re usually around for a good couple of weeks, and by the end of their stay, they don’t even honk and fly away when I walk outside.

I love that honking sound!

 
 
This is one of those “have I posted this before?” photos. It’s Fred and Rusty, our pups (I mean my pups.) They smell like miniature Fritos, and they are just a delight.

 
 
As I was flipping through my phone, I found this side-by-side comparison of Ralphie as a boy and then as an adult. My friend sent it to me around Christmastime and it made me smile.

Ralphie! You’ve changed!

 
 
Our school had its football banquet before Christmas, and it was such a treat. Notable was the fact that every single player on the team made the academic team, meaning they all had a 3.0 grade point or above for their first semester.

I think this is pretty cool! Our new coach emphasizes academics, and the kids have all jumped in and given it their all.

 
 
There were a lot of awards that night. Bryce got Offensive Player of the Year, and I tried not to clap any louder than I clapped when all the other kids got their respective awards.

(It was hard. Go Brycie!)

 
 
Now Bryce and Todd are both deep into wrestling season…and let me tell you, I am HOOKED. My older brother wrestled, so I do have some background in attending matches and recognizing what’s going on…but watching my boys wrestle takes things to a whole new level. (Above shot is last week’s wrestling homecoming.) It is EXCITING and Ladd and I act exactly like Aly Raisman’s parents when they watch their daughter compete in the Olympics.

 
 

 
 

 
 
Yep. We get it.

 
 
The sun is finally shining for a sustained period of time today, and this is after a good month of grey, drab, dreary, dark, rainy, sad, blah weather. My soul needs the sun! It is shriveling!

 
 
I have 85 recipes shot for my new cookbook. Oh my goodness, it’s a fun one! This is one of my low carb and low cal recipes for the cookbook.

Just kidding.

 
 
Fried red tomato sandwich for the win!!!

 
 
I sent this selfie to Ladd when he and Bryce were in Dallas for a few days a couple of weeks ago. In the days and weeks before he went to Dallas, I had been a complete mess, with no makeup, yoga pants with holes, and crazy hair, and I wanted him to know that I still clean up nice.

 
 
Speaking of clean up nice…this guy had a birthday last week. After the surprise party he had thrown me, we spent his birthday at the boys’ wrestling match, then went home and had chocolate cake and opened presents at 9:30 pm. I had found him the Carhartt style of jacket he likes—one that is less common and more difficult to find, and two ten-packs of Carmex. I also got him five working shirts for summer that are the kind of thin fabric he loves, and two brown belts since his is wearing out.

He declared it the perfect birthday, and knowing what I know about him, I totally believed him.

Happy Monday, friends! Hope your week is off to a wonderful start!

http://bit.ly/2MBkPzH

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario