About

http://www.propellerads.com/?rfd=dRV

gallery

gallery
my pic

ANNONCE

http://www.propellerads.com/?rfd=dRV

lunes, 15 de abril de 2019

April Come She Will by The Pioneer Woman

Because winter was especially long, spring burning happened a little late this year…but boy, did it happen! A consolation for not being able to start burning until April, however, is that the wind has been so favorable to burning. With the exception of a couple of days they had to abstain due to the wind being strong enough to make my face ripple in a slow-motion video (which is precisely why I do not participate in any slow-motion videos), most of the days have seen gentle breezes…ahhhh. Oklahoma, we are loving you right now!

 
 
I was at the Lodge the other day when Ladd was burning, and the fire skirted up against the north side of the house. This isn’t the first time this has happened; it goes all the way back to when Ladd and I were dating, and he and his dad and brother burned around the Lodge just before a Drummond family cookout began. I watched as the fire got closer and closer, and before I knew it, the flames were all the way under the (then old and rickety) wood deck. My mother-in-law Nan and her mom, Edna Mae, started filling stock pots in the kitchen and pouring water through the wood slats as the guys manned the fire truck and attacked it from the other direction. I joined in, filling whatever vessels I could find, running out on the deck to try to douse it. The fire ultimately went out, and we all sat down to eat.

I had only one question: “Does this happen a lot?”

Everyone laughed. (I’m still waiting for the answer.)

 
 
I posted this on Instagram and Facebook, but wanted to let you know about my partnership with Purina to create a line of all natural dog treats! I’m very proud of the treats, and I’m very proud of all my doggies, who have been rock stars during Purina’s visits to the ranch. (It helps that they love the treats!) Nice lip lick, Walter!

 
 
Our good friends’ daughter got married a couple of weeks ago. I’ve noticed that most of the selfies of Ladd and me are when we have both showered and dressed up. And showered. Ha.

 
 
Bryce went to his first prom Saturday night. He’s just a sophomore, so he still has a couple more ahead. He has a great group of friends in Pawhuska! Also, this was funny: I posted this photo on Instagram Sunday and pointed out that Bryce is the Anthony Michael Hall lookalike in the back. A keen reader pointed out that Sunday happened to be Anthony Michael Hall’s birthday! What are the chances? I feel this has some spiritual relevance somehow, given my obsession with 80’s movies.

 
 
April sunrises have been remarkable! And very pink! I’m trying to breathe them all in, despite my calendar in April, which is probably a world record for me in terms of the number of things going on in the world around me. Finishing my new cookbook, filming new Food Network shows, working on a new project for this website (I think you will like it!!), getting ready for Alex’s graduation, and various other kid, husband, animal, and family things coming over the next several weeks! It’s a busy time of year…but the sunrises will get me through.

I hope you’re all having a good spring so far, and I hope you’re breathing in the sunrises! (Or sunsets, depending on your sleep schedule!)

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario