About

http://www.propellerads.com/?rfd=dRV

gallery

gallery
my pic

ANNONCE

http://www.propellerads.com/?rfd=dRV

viernes, 6 de enero de 2017

Epiphany! by Ree

Epiphany! by Ree

Good morning! Happy Epiphany! Today’s my birthday, but that isn’t why I’m writing this blog post. I just wanted to get “today’s my birthday” out of the way because it would be awkward for me to act like today isn’t my birthday in case any of you happen to know it is my birthday, even though my birthday isn’t a big deal to me! It really isn’t! For that same reason, I did start reminding everyone in my household earlier this week that my birthday was coming up—not so they would scramble and start making big plans, but so that I could make sure no one found themselves in that awkward situation of forgetting that it’s my birthday, even though I seriously wouldn’t care if they did forget! I just wouldn’t want them to feel awkward if they were to forget. So I have had to spend all week emphasizing my birthday when my birthday really isn’t that big of a deal to me, just so I could save my beloved husband and kids the pain of an awkward moment of forgetting it’s my birthday, even for five minutes, even though I wouldn’t care if they did forget my birthday!

My birthday is exhausting, is what I’m saying.

That said, I’m thankful to be another year older! Another year wiser! I’m thankful for my children, my husband, my faith, my home, my animals, and my health. I’m excited to see what the new year brings, and I’m excited to take a nap later today.

Which probably won’t happen, but still.

In other news…I’ve been meaning to tell you about this!

Little Ree vectors spine lettering.epsI have a new children’s book coming out this spring. It’s called “Little Ree” and it was a lot of fun to write. As most of you know, I moved to the sticks (or the boonies, or the country) as an adult when Marlboro Man and I got married. And it was…a transition, to say the least! I was a fish out of water, I felt like I didn’t belong, and I saw and experienced many things that freaked me out.

For some time, I have thought it would be fun to take those experiences and tell them through the eyes of a little girl.

 
18The little girl in the book moves to the country where her grandparents live and at first she’s excited about the new adventure…

 
28But things don’t go all that smoothly. (I can relate, Little Ree! I feel your pain!)

I really had fun writing this book and projecting all the fears, angst, and frustrations I remember feeling onto this spunky little character. And in the end, as was the case with me, Little Ree winds up seeing that being a country girl isn’t about the right pair of boots…it’s more about the right attitude and outlook! Awwww.🙂

Here’s the book on Amazon if you’d like to see more about it! (The illustrations, by Jacqueline Rogers, are so adorable!)

Little Ree on Amazon

The book be out at the end of March, but I wanted to let you know about it since it has been a fun, special project for me.

And now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go about my day and hardly think about the fact that it’s my birthday at all. Until it’s time to eat cake, and then it’s DEFINITELY my birthday, and that will be my excuse for having three pieces.

Plus ice cream.

Times nine.

Love,
P-Widdle Diddle!


http://ift.tt/2iQajZ3

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario