About

http://www.propellerads.com/?rfd=dRV

gallery

gallery
my pic

ANNONCE

http://www.propellerads.com/?rfd=dRV

jueves, 5 de enero de 2017

A Thursday, Post-Holiday, New Year, Weird Random List by Ree

Hi, Friends! I would like to confess, since this is Confessions of a Pioneer Woman, that the title of this post has seen the following revisions:

A Monday, Post-Holiday, New Year, Weird Random List
A Tuesday, Post-Holiday, New Year, Weird Random List
A Wednesday, Post-Holiday, New Year, Weird Random List

I knew that if I didn’t make it right this morning, I would be in danger of having to change “New Year” to “Valentine.”

Or “Easter.” That’s how my New Year is going so far! All good, just busy.

Happy New Year, friends! I love you and I’ve missed ya!

Here’s my random list.

1. At our Christmas Eve service, at the age of 47, I realized for the first time in my life that the line in “It Came Upon a Midnight Clear” reads “From angels bending near the earth; to touch their HARPS of gold.”

I have always sung “…to touch their HEARTS of gold.”

And really, would that be so wrong? I mean, I know angels’ harps are generally made of gold and that makes sense. But surely it can be argued that their hearts are also made of gold. In fact, that’s probably more true than saying their harps are made of gold. Because what if their harps are made of some kind of alloy? It’s possible. Actually, never mind. Harps in Heaven are not made of an alloy!

But now I’m reexamining every hymn and Christmas carol I know to make sure I’ve gotten the words right.

Life is a journey.

2. The Merc was so much fun through the holidays! I got to meet so many folks from different places, and I’m so glad we were able to be open during Christmas. We played Johnny Cash Christmas music and it pretty much completed me.

3. I got a cold and lost my voice. Again! I swear, if I so much as sneeze these days, I lose my voice. I don’t remember that happening when I was young and vibrant. I think I’ve spent too many of the past 47 years talking. Maybe I’m nearing my word quota?

SURELY NOT!!!

4. I usually try to resist TV shows that everyone is watching. Not really, but it seems like I never watch the popular TV shows that everyone is watching (probably because I’m too busy watching Real Housewives of Everywhere.) But I started watching “The Walking Dead” with Marlboro Man and the kids (yes, the kids—is that weird? I assume so) a couple of months ago. I absolutely love it and I finally get the hype.

I also, against my better judgment, decided to watch the pilot episode of “Breaking Bad” last week when I was laid up with this cold. Darnit, now it appears I’m going to have to watch the whole series.

I don’t think I’ll be inviting the kids to join me on that one, though. Ahem.

(Have you watched it? Should I keep watching it? I’m suddenly madly in love with Bryan Cranston, so I’m not sure I have any choice in the matter.)

5. I have never, however, watched a single episode of “Lost.” I am going to hang onto that trophy forever!

Until my next cold.

6. Carrie Fisher. I don’t know what to say except this:

“I want you to know…that I will never want that wagon wheel coffee table.”

So, so sad.

7. Debbie Fisher. No words.

8. My New Year’s resolution is to get on the treadmill 5 out of 7 days of the week.

It’s January 5th and I haven’t gotten on the treadmill yet.

How am I doing so far?

9. I drank tea last week and I didn’t die.

In all my years I have hated tea, I felt certain I would croak if I took a single sip. I hate tea, after all. Hate it! It is awful and tastes…well, it tastes like tea!

But guess what? I kind of liked the tea I tried. It was Earl Grey tea topped with frothy cream, and it was mysterious and interesting.

10. I have now watched two TV shows I never thought I’d watch and sipped a beverage I never thought I’d sip.

But I will not—I WILL NOT—eat a banana.

Never, ever, ever.

I’m sorry, Dole.

Love,
Ree Drummond
The Anti-Banana Evangelist


0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario