About

http://www.propellerads.com/?rfd=dRV

gallery

gallery
my pic

ANNONCE

http://www.propellerads.com/?rfd=dRV

lunes, 17 de abril de 2017

Together by Ree

Together by Ree

As a mom’s children get older and bigger and more mature and grown up and start leaving the nest, she starts to live for the times when everyone is together. To the extent that I started texting Alex Friday morning, asking her if she had left to drive home yet, if she’d left yet, if she’d left yet, and if she’d left yet. Then, once Alex called and confirmed she’d left, I called her every nine minutes asking her how close she was. I wanted her home so our weekend together could begin!

 
 
We had a quick-but-wonderful weekend, culminating in brunch at my in-laws’ house after church. And look! I got a photo of the Drummond guys! I don’t think I have any photos of them all together off their horses.

They clean up nice.

 
 
Kevin and Treyvonne, my boys’ friends, joined us for brunch. I love ’em.

 
 
Missy roasted a chicken and it was unbelievably divine. We also had mashed potatoes AND scalloped potatoes, and we weren’t sorry! I soaked up every minute, then Alex had to leave to drive home to school so she’d get home at a reasonable hour. Most of the other kids (except Todd) decided to load up and go see a movie in Tulsa, so we headed home with Todd.

Here’s how the three of us spent our afternoon:

Marlboro Man and Todd binge-watched superhero movies. The significance of this is that Todd, my boy, had taken it upon himself to give up superheroes for Lent. He was pretty quiet about it and didn’t tell many people, but we all figured it out when he started leaving the room whenever Spider Man or Iron Man or The Avengers or The Hulk or X-Men were on TV. Marlboro Man is his partner in all things Marvel, so it was the perfect way for them to spend their Sunday.

As for me? I slept while binge-watching Investigation Discovery, my new true-crime obsession. Though I have no idea what I watched and what the respective outcomes were, because I kept dozing off. So basically, I watched something about one big crime that lots of different people perpetrated, because one series just bled into the next one. I haven’t napped that seriously in a long, long time and since a wicked thunderstorm made me sleep like a long until 7:00 this morning, I may never need to sleep again!

Until tonight, of course.

Hope you all had a beautiful weekend!


http://ift.tt/2omUAiW

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario