About

http://www.propellerads.com/?rfd=dRV

gallery

gallery
my pic

ANNONCE

http://www.propellerads.com/?rfd=dRV

lunes, 2 de abril de 2018

Time on the Couch by The Pioneer Woman

Time on the Couch by The Pioneer Woman

I hope you all had a beautiful Easter week! I can’t believe I didn’t check in on Confessions last week; every morning, I would sit down to craft some kind of crazy update, and every morning I would get pulled away by a phone call or a kid or a Merc or a Boarding House or a book signing or a puppy named Henry…and before I knew it, it was Good Friday and I just decided to wait until today.

Thank you loving me through this crazy-busy time in my life.

 
Burning has been happening on and around the ranch. It’s that time of year! I remarked on Instagram how much I love burning, because it’s such a symbol of what we have to do with ourselves sometimes: Burn away the undesirable things to make room for new growth.

Ahhh…the life lessons on a cattle ranch…

 
 
We had a big family dinner at The Merc Saturday night, with steak bites and brisket and platters of all these sides! Alex was home for the weekend, and she walked around and “borrowed” her brothers’ and cousins’ mac and cheese because this single communal cast iron pan wasn’t big enough.

She takes after her mother. Mac and cheese was the only thing I would eat for the first seven years of my life.

 
 
This is my favorite cupcake at The Merc. There’s cream underneath the chocolate coating (instead of inside the cupcake, as Hostess does) and I can not control myself when I have one (or nine) in my hand. Should I take it off the cupcake menu, because it is very hazardous to my already-robust love handles.

Never mind. Don’t answer that.

 
 
We are going to launch The Boarding House website and open up reservations this week. It has been so much fun getting the final details sewn up and ready! We’ve been photographing the rooms, having some “test guests” to help us identify anything we’re forgetting, and Ladd and I actually watched a movie in one of the rooms the other day. Ha.

 
 
I will be showing you final room photos soon, but in the meantime, if you’d like to sign up for our newsletter on our website, you’ll get a sneak peek/head start on reservations; we’ll send out a “We’re Open!” email to our subscribers first.

I can’t wait to show you all the photos. I didn’t take them, so I can tell you that they are gorgeous.

 
 
We had a wonderful Easter weekend. Alex was home and her friend Mauricio came with her. Treyvonne was with us, and his brother Kevin joined last night. And yesterday late afternoon, Paige and her cousin Halle took all the boys to see a movie, which left Ladd, Henry, and me. I had a deliciously quiet few hours on the couch watching a documentary about Garry Shandling with Ladd (it’s on HBO; WATCH IT, it’s so amazing) and having a Basset snuggle fest with Henry, aka Uncle Festus. I came down with a cold the middle of March, and it has sort of gone away and come back four thousand times over the past two weeks…so this time of rest was, well…it was delicious.

I wound up having the most restful night of sleep I’ve had in awhile, and this morning I feel like I could climb Mount Everest!

(Or maybe that’s just the coffee…)

Happy Monday, friends!

https://ift.tt/2JckHo4

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario