About

http://www.propellerads.com/?rfd=dRV

gallery

gallery
my pic

ANNONCE

http://www.propellerads.com/?rfd=dRV

lunes, 7 de mayo de 2018

Scones 101 and Bacon Cheddar Scones! by Meseidy

Throughout the first half of my life, I’d never heard of a scone. In fact, the first time I heard the word “scone,” I confused it with “sconce.” I didn’t understand why my friend wanted to get a light fixture with a cup of coffee.

When I finally set my eyes on a scone, I thought it looked like an oddly-shaped, dense, dry biscuit. It didn’t seem exactly appealing to me. Then I tried one, and wanted to smack myself for being so stupid.
 

Scones vs. Biscuits

 
Scones and biscuits are made with many of the same ingredients and have similar preparation methods. But scones and biscuits are not the same. Scones are drier than a biscuit, and they crumble instead of flake the way some biscuits do. But though drier, scones are still tender and satisfying. They’re meant to be enjoyed with a hot beverage and a smear of clotted cream, butter, or jam.

I usually associate scones with a dainty afternoon tea party. But the scones I’m sharing with you today are loaded with cheddar and bacon, making them perfect for a hearty morning breakfast.

 
 
Scones 101 and a Recipe for Bacon Cheddar Scones

Tips for Making Scones

 
There are two things you must remember when making scones:

1. Keep everything cold.
2. Don’t overwork the dough
.

Do make sure you start with cold ingredients. In fact, if you are using a metal bowl, chill it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before preparing the dough. Keeping the ingredients cold keeps the fat crumbles intact. That fat melts when baked, creating a tender scone.

You may be tempted to work the dough until smooth, but less is more when it comes to scone making. Work the dough until it just comes together. Overworking the dough will result in tough and chewy scones.

 
 
Scones 101 and a Recipe for Bacon Cheddar Scones

How to Freeze Scones

 
I have a small household, so baking off a dozen scones all at once is a waste. Instead, I like to freeze the scones and bake as needed.

To freeze scones, place them in a single layer on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. If you want to add any toppings, brush the scones with cream before topping them. Gently press the toppings onto the scones. Freeze them until solid then transfer to a resealable bag.

When ready to enjoy, bake in the oven at 375ºF for 20–25 minutes.

 
 
Scones 101 and a Recipe for Bacon Cheddar Scones

These scones are perfect if you love savory. Swap the bacon out for ham or sausage, and maybe add some fresh herbs. Do you like savory and sweet? Maybe add some dried fruit. Not a fan of cheddar? I suggest some Swiss or havarti. Scones are designed for mix-ins, making the scone possibilities endless.

 
 
Scones 101 and a Recipe for Bacon Cheddar Scones

If you’ve never tried a scone (not to be mistaken with a sconce), this one makes for a great introduction. Don’t be like me and mistake scones for dense dry biscuits. Scones are delicious tender, crumbly, and hearty goodness.

 
 

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario