About

http://www.propellerads.com/?rfd=dRV

gallery

gallery
my pic

ANNONCE

http://www.propellerads.com/?rfd=dRV

lunes, 30 de enero de 2017

Guacamole Tostada Bites by Jessica

Guacamole Tostada Bites

As the big game approaches, I start becoming preoccupied with one thing: snacks.

Whether my team is playing or not, we always host or attend a Super Bowl party. Let’s be honest: in the dark and drab middle of winter, it’s so much fun to have a reason to set out a plethora of party food and go to town. I might not even notice if there’s a TV in the room!

Ok, that might be a stretch. I’m in it for the commercials, too.

 
 
Guacamole Tostada Bites

These are one of my favorite little snacks to make when game day rolls around—a bit of a riff on nachos and regular old chips and guacamole, both of which could very well be on my last-meal-ever list. These guacamole tostada bites are slightly more involved than setting out a bowl and basket with the goods, but the extra effort is so worth it.

And they’re cute! Little guac bites, perfectly portioned for grabbing. Creamy guacamole, and the crunchy tortilla—so much texture in one bite.

 
 
Guacamole Tostada Bites

Let’s start with the tortillas. I like to use corn tortillas. You don’t have to deep fry them. Frankly, I find deep-frying intimidating, and unnecessary in this case, especially when I’m going to have a room full of people.

 
 
Guacamole Tostada Bites

You can simply take a 10- or 12-inch skillet and heat it with just enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan. The tortillas are flat, so you can lay them in the hot oil and cook them until they are crisp and golden.

 
 
Guacamole Tostada Bites

While they are still hot, I like to sprinkle them with some taco spice. It adds a delicious layer of flavor to an otherwise super simple appetizer. I hit the chips with some salt, chili powder, garlic and cumin.

 
 
Guacamole Tostada Bites

At this point, it’s almost impossible to resist them.

 
 
Guacamole Tostada Bites

On top, add your favorite guac! I like gauc with diced sweet onion, cilantro, lime and jalapeño. With lots of salt. I also enjoy a nice balance of mashed and chunks of avocado. A spoonful goes on top, then you can add other delicious toppings like sour cream or even a cherry tomato. I like to sprinkle mine with some crumbled cotijaa cheese or queso fresco. And maybe a pinch of the chili salt that went into the chips.

 
 
Guacamole Tostada Bites

Try not to eat them all yourself! It’s difficult, I know.

 
 
Guacamole Tostada Bites

I love that these feel a little fancier than chips and guac. Sometimes I’ll even make a small plate of them for me and my husband. Which I then end up eating all by myself, because he thinks he doesn’t like guacamole.

Where does he come from?

 
 


0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario