About

http://www.propellerads.com/?rfd=dRV

gallery

gallery
my pic

ANNONCE

http://www.propellerads.com/?rfd=dRV

viernes, 16 de diciembre de 2016

Elevating Twice-Baked Potatoes by Jessica

Elevating Twice-Baked Potatoes by Jessica

Elevating Twice-Baked Potatoes

Twice-baked potatoes have always been a staple in our family. My grandma would make a large batch every Christmas dinner, and I couldn’t wait to get my hands on one of the crispy-skinned, delicious whipped potatoes topped with melted (and sometimes golden!) cheese.

It was for this reason alone that I declared to anyone who asked that potatoes were my favorite food.

 
 
Elevating Twice-Baked Potatoes

I like to think of twice-baked potatoes as potato skins on steroids. The outside skin gets a little crispy, but you get mashed potatoes inside! And there usually is cheese and sometimes even bacon involved. Ooh. I get excited just thinking about them!

 
 
Elevating Twice-Baked Potatoes

When I got married, I vowed to make twice-baked potatoes more than just once a year. So I started with a basic, traditional twice-baked potato base (recipe below!) and added some of my favorite flavors. That made it easier to feature them more regularly in our meal rotation.

Here are my 3 favorite versions!

 
 
Elevating Twice-Baked Potatoes

Spinach, Blue Cheese and Bacon

For this version, wilt the spinach in a skillet over low heat with some olive oil and a few garlic cloves.

Mash a few crumbles of blue cheese into the potato mixture and spoon it inside the potato skins. Then top with the garlicky spinach, more blue cheese, and crispy, crunchy bacon.

This flavor combo is my spirit animal. Plus, it has spinach, so it has to be healthy. Obviously.

 
 
Elevating Twice-Baked Potatoes

Mushroom, Goat Cheese and Herbs

In a skillet over medium heat, add a tablespoon or so of olive oil. Drop in some mushrooms and cook until soft and juicy. Right before using, stir in some minced garlic, salt and pepper.

Mash goat cheese into the potato filling and spoon inside the potato skins. Crumble more goat cheese on top of the filling. Pile high with mushrooms and sprinkle with your favorite fresh herbs (I like a mix of basil, sage, oregano and cilantro).

It’s the best kind of flavor explosion.

 
 
Elevating Twice-Baked Potatoes

Pumpkin, Parmesan and Bacon

Here’s a solution for any leftover pumpkin puree you might have! I absolutely love the combination of pumpkin, Parmesan and bacon, so I knew that swirling the puree into the potato filling would taste fantastic. Fill up the skin, top with freshly shaved Parmesan and crispy bacon and even a few sage leaves, if desired.

This. Is. So. Wonderful. And it also works with butternut squash puree!

 
 
elevating-twice-baked-potatoes-09

If you’re looking for a way to make an old staple new and exciting this holiday season, try one of these versions. And if you have a tried-and-tested favorite flavor combination, come share below!

 
 


http://ift.tt/2gSk479

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario