About

http://www.propellerads.com/?rfd=dRV

gallery

gallery
my pic

ANNONCE

http://www.propellerads.com/?rfd=dRV

lunes, 27 de febrero de 2017

Beef and Herbed Biscuit Pot Pie by Erica

Beef and Herbed Biscuit Pot Pie by Erica

Beef and Herbed Biscuit Pot Pie

Growing up, I didn’t have the best opinion of pot pie. My family loved those individual frozen pot pies that you find at the supermarket. I wanted to like them, I really did. Having your own mini pie is so satisfying to a child.

But the crust was dry and sub-par, the vegetables were mealy, the meat was bland, and they were scorching hot. We had to wait ages for them to be cool enough to consume.

Then one day, my mom decided to make a pot pie from scratch. Oh, the epiphany! The crust was melt-in-your-mouth good, and the filling was ten times better. We’ve all been hooked on scratch-made pot pies ever since.

 
 
Beef and Herbed Biscuit Pot Pie

I love a good pie-crust-topped pot pie. No denying it. A flaky, buttery crust is phenomenal. But there’s just one problem: pie crust hates me. No matter how hard I try, I can’t consistently produce a great pie crust. It’s just not something I want to attempt for a weeknight dinner very often.

But biscuits … biscuits are another matter. For some reason, I can make a great biscuit.

 
 
Beef and Herbed Biscuit Pot Pie

So I decided to start topping my pot pies with biscuits. The result was delicious. And it’s something I feel capable of pulling off for a weeknight supper.

 
 
Beef and Herbed Biscuit Pot Pie

You can cut your biscuits into rounds or squares, but I think it’s a lot easier to fit them in the pan if they’re square.

 
 
Beef and Herbed Biscuit Pot Pie

Bake until the biscuits are puffy and golden and the filling is bubbly.

 
 
Beef and Herbed Biscuit Pot Pie

This pot pie is stuffed with meat and veggies. It’s rich and comforting and filling. Definitely a one-dish meal.

 
Beef and Herbed Biscuit Pot Pie

To take it to the next level, serve with butter on top of the biscuits. It’s kind of a requirement in my book. But you can eat your biscuits however you want. As long as you eat them with butter.

Note: I used einkorn flour to make the biscuits. If you don’t have any einkorn flour on hand, simply use your favorite buttermilk biscuit recipe (Joanne’s drop biscuits are a great choice) that yields about 12 biscuits and add cracked pepper, rosemary, parsley, and thyme to the dry ingredients. Einkorn flour doesn’t substitute 1:1 (I learned this the hard way), so make sure to use a recipe that’s designed for wheat flour.

 
 


http://ift.tt/2l2Sqbj

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario